Monday, October 10, 2011

PORKCHOPS WITH PEPPERS AND CAPERS (Cotolette alla Zingara)


I decided to make pork chops for dinner this evening. I had my butcher cut me six nice chops.
While the recipe called for an over night brine I thought I could make some adjustments and do it in two hours.


The chops dredged in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.

The chops sauteing in olive oil!

The back side of my chops.

Once browned on both sides I added peppers, onions, olives, capers, and red pepper flakes to the pan. Then I added white wine and brought it all to a boil for, and then let it simmer for ten minutes.

Better looking then they tasted. Apparently my attempts to rush the brine process failed leaving me with very salty chops. The panel was not too pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment