Thursday, March 24, 2011

CHICKPEA AND PASTA SOUP (MINESTRA DI CECI E PASTA)

Olive oil, rosemary and saffron in the pot smelling good!!

With Lent in full swing I was paging through my cookbook and found this soup, which is perfect for lent. It was easy to make and was pretty darn good. The recipe required the "basic tomato sauce", which I can make with my eyes closed, and I never get tired of making it because it makes the house smell so good. It also required saffron, which is becoming one of my favorite ingredients. The other ingredients for the soup included olive oil, garlic, rosemary (from my garden), chickpeas, water and fettuccine.


Tomato sauce and water added to pot!!

Boiling away, but I think the picture is upside down!!
Where is my production manager??



The soup is a definite do-over. The saffron gives the soup a fantastic taste and color.





1 comment:

  1. You sure know how to make lenten food look good! Chickpeas are so satisfying!!

    ReplyDelete