Monday, March 7, 2011

PORK SPARERIBS WITH RED WINE

With lent just around the corner I decided I better make something with meat. We always give up meat for lent, so I decided I would make some Pork Spareribs.
The sauce consisted of red onions, celery, carrots, red wine, chicken stock and the basic tomato sauce. It also called for anchovies, but my production manager wouldn't let me add them to the pot! I tried to sneak them in but I got caught!! I placed the ribs in a pot of boiling water and simmered them for 30 minutes then removed them and made the sauce and then placed them back in the pot to simmer for 1 1/2 hours.

Pork Spareribs simmering in the pot!!!


Same picture. Are you ready for your close-up!!


The ribs just fell of the bone!! This was an easy dish to make. The ribs were delicious!! This is a definite do-over!




No comments:

Post a Comment