Thursday, February 4, 2010

CANNELLONI (CANNELLONI AL FORNO)

Yesterday I told the kids to pick out any recipe in the book. They picked Cannelloni. This recipe entailed making pasta dough, tomato sauce and besciamella sauce. I've made the tomato sauce and besciamella sauce. I've only attempted to make homemade pasta once before.


HOMEMADE PASTA

You get a little work out making the pasta dough. You have to knead the dough for 10 minutes.

ROLLING THE PASTA

I had 3 or 4 things going at once. After the dough was made you have to let it rest for 30 minutes. While the dough was resting I started my tomato sauce. Once I got that going I started the besciamella sauce. When I finished the besciamella sauce the dough was ready to roll out on my pasta machine.

READY FOR THE OVEN

I had a little help in the kitchen from Rebecca and Paige. Karen went out with her friends from work. They were taking her out for her birthday. Usually she just celebrates her birthday the whole month of January but I guessed it has rolled into February.

CANNELLONI (LOOKS GOOD)
This recipe was a little bit of work. It would be fun to do on a Saturday with family and friends and some good wine.
PAIGE AND REBECCA
I thought the cannelloni was excellent. You could really taste the difference with the homemade pasta. Paige and Rebecca said they loved it! Always nice to hear that!!




3 comments:

  1. yummy, I ate again at 10pm last night. I couldn't pass this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sam, its sam-antha...you can come cook for me anytime! you're going to get quite the following.

    ReplyDelete