Tuesday, February 2, 2010

VEAL (CHICKEN) SCALOPPINE WITH MUSHROOMS, MARSALA AND THYME

BLOOD ORANGE SALAD


VEAL (CHICKEN) SCALOPPINE WITH MUSHROOMS, MARSALA AND THYME






BLACK AND GREEN OLIVES WITH TOMATO SAUCE




Today I was able to knock out 3 recipes. We had most of the ingredients at home. I had a lot of help from Karen. She went to the store to get a few missing items. The first dish was Sauteed Black Olives and Green Olives with Tomato Sauce. I used the leftover tomato sauce from the other night. It was an interesting dish and very easy to make. Rebecca even tried it and her friend Paige said she liked it but she preferred the black olives to the green olives. Jacob, my nephew also liked the dish. Karen made the Shaved Fennel with Blood Oranges, Pecorino and Pomegranate Seeds. She made the salad with radicchio because they didn't have any fennel at the grocery store. The salad was excellent. The Veal (Chicken) Scaloppine was easy to make. I used chicken instead of veal because I knew the kids would balk at trying it. I will sneak the other veal dishes in the book by them at a later date. The scaloppine is definitely a do over.





No comments:

Post a Comment