Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Grilled Veal Rolls Sicilian-Style

Well, I finally watched the movie "Julie & Julia". I kind of felt sorry for Julie at the end of the movie knowing that Julia Child thought she was a "pill". I guess that bothered me a little because, even though I don't have a deadline to finish my journey, I understood how Julie felt. Alright, enough of the sappiness. I hope that's a word. Here we go! I guess some people might wonder why I'm doing this. I like to cook and I was making the same recipes over and over again, especially out of Mario's book. So I decided that for me to learn more about cooking I would cook all the recipes in Mario's book. I've learned so much already. But the best thing about my journey is having friends and family over and enjoying everybody's company. So, after watching "Julie & Julia" I felt like I needed to make something really exciting the next day and I wanted to invite Lori, Bill and Lori's sister Debbie to dinner. I was looking for a recipe to make and I came across the Grilled Veal Rolls. I don't think I've ever had veal before, so veal it was. I called my butcher the next day and ordered the veal. The ingredients for the filling was pecorino romano cheese, fresh bread crumbs, pine nuts, parsley and raisins that were soaked in warm water for 1 hour. I flattened the veal pieces with my steel mallet, spread the filling and then rolled them up and skewered them with rosemary sprigs which I soaked in water. Soaking the rosemary prevents them from burning while you cook them.

Veal Rolls prepped and ready to go!!!

Veal Rolls on the grill pan!!


Bill really helped out with grilling the veal. I think I am going to make him one of my sous chefs!


Lori and her sister Debbie.
Lori and Karen.

Veal Rolls waiting to be eaten.

Lori with her plate of food. Picture taken by me!!!

Inside of veal rolls. Picture is blurry but it still looks goooood!



My first video post. Bill's debut cooking in the kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment