Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lori's 29th Birthday


We wanted to have Lori and Bill over for dinner to celebrate Lori's 29th birthday. We also invited Christy and Colin to celebrate with us. I decided to make the Goat Cheese Ravioli again, because it has been my favorite recipe to make so far, plus I was worried if I tried something new it might turn out like the debacle when I made the Pork Loin a couple of weeks ago. Well, everything turned out pretty good and I didn't have any problems. I was able to make the ravioli a couple hours ahead, and I covered them and put them in the refrigerator. For a vegetable dish, my production manager requested that I make the Roasted Asparagus with Capers and Eggs, which was a hit the first time I made it.
Karen, Christy, Colin, Lori and Bill

Lori, Christy, Colin and Bill getting ready to chow down!

Lori with her plate food. Looks Good. Picture taken by my production manager.

For dessert, Christy made her famous Key Lime Pie, which was absolutely delicious! I believe the recipe is TOP SECRET, but I'm hoping I can get it from her!

Holy Toledo, take a good look! Bill is loading the dishwasher. Everybody pitched in with the clean-up which was very helpful because I usually make a big mess when I cook.


I think Colin is pinching Bill's ear trying to get him to scrub the pan faster! Colin did dress up for the evening, but he spilled wine on his shirt and I had to give him a much sought after Hanna Construction T-shirt to wear for the rest of the evening.





No comments:

Post a Comment